Fall is here and Apara Autism Center has gathered up a list of Autism friendly events happening in the Houston area all month long!
- October 10th check out a Parent Education and Support Group hosted by The Arc of Fort Bend County to learn more about obtaining insurance for Autism-Related therapy and to meet other caregivers. This event will take place from 10:30am-12:00pm at the United Way Fort Bend Center in Stafford. (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/obtaining-insurance-for-autism-related-therapy-tickets-70655966899?aff=ebdssbdestsearch)
- October 14th take the kids to the Children’s Museum of Houston for some sensory friendly fun for just $5. (https://www.cmhouston.org/sensory-friendly)
- On October 15th, head out to Brain Balance of Katy to talk with others about a talk titled ‘What No One Has Told You About Autism & Sensory Challenges from 5:30-7:30pm. (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/what-no-one-has-told-you-about-autism-sensory-challenges-tickets-74411024377)
- October 19th, come on out to Houston’s Autism Speaks Walk at the University of Houston campus starting at 8:00am. The Apara Autism Team will be there as well! Feel free to sign up to walk and join our team; ‘Apara Autism Center’ (https://act.autismspeaks.org/site/TRR?fr_id=4407&pg=tfind&s_team=join)
- October 25th, head over to Texas Children’s Autism Center/Meyer Center as the Social Work Team is having an event all about “Introduction to Transition: Preparing for the Adult World” from 10:00am-1:00pm. (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/introduction-to-transition-preparing-for-the-adult-world-tickets-52817009096?aff=ebdssbdestsearch)
- Last, on October 26th, The Autism Moms of Houston is hosting their one-year anniversary at Venue at the Woodlands from 2:30pm-5:30pm and is inviting all to come out for some mingling, food and fun. (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/autism-moms-of-houston-first-year-anniversary-tickets-71929806989)
We hope you and your loved one enjoy some of the events above and please let us know if you attended an event that you enjoyed!
Stay tuned for Apara Autism Center’s monthly event spotlights on our blog!