Welcome to our parent resource page!
We hope the resources below will help you navigate through your child’s diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder. These resources have been put together to help you decide if you should seek the help of a physician for an Autism diagnosis, answer common FAQs, and provide research articles on Autism, ABA, and other commonly discussed topics. There are websites listed for your ease to connect with other families and communities in and around the Houston area as well as nationally.
Last but not least, there are resources that include activities you can do with your child when not in therapy.
We hope you enjoy this page as much as we enjoyed gathering the information. If you have recommendations for other parent-friendly resources, please feel free to reach out to us at Info@AparaAutism.com.
Online Resources Recommended by our BCBA’s –
Autism Speaks Tool Kit – https://www.autismspeaks.org/tool-kit
Autism Navigator – https://autismnavigator.com/
What are Evidence-based Practices? – https://autismpdc.fpg.unc.edu/evidence-based-practices
Navigating Life in Texas with Disabilities – https://www.navigatelifetexas.org/en
My ABA Glossary – https://www.iloveaba.com/p/aba-glossary-new-to-my-blog-start-here.html
Books Recommended by our BCBA’s –
- Sleep Better!: A Guide to Improving Sleep for Children with Special Needs
- Applied Behavior Analysis 3rd Edition
- Let Me Hear Your Voice: A Family’s Triumph over Autism
- Thinking in Pictures, Expanded Edition: My Life with Autism
- Activity Schedules for Children With Autism, Second Edition: Teaching Independent Behavior
- Understanding Applied Behavior Analysis, Second Edition
- Behavior Speak: A Glossary of Terms in Applied Behavior Analysis
- How to Babysit a Logan
Grant Resources Available in our area –
Texas Education Agency – https://tea.texas.gov/finance-and-grants
Hope For Three – https://www.hopeforthree.org/programs/family-assistance/
F.A.C.E.S – http://www.facesautism.org
KNOWAutism – www.know-autism.org
UnitedHealthCare Children’s Foundation – http://www.uhccf.org/uhccf/media/Docs/UHCCF-brochure.pdf